Wednesday, November 09, 2005

True Dalit Rebellion

True Dalit Rebellion

Sakya clearly has Ambedkarite values and understands deeply the issues. Iwas trying to point out the dangers of intellectuals pushing wrong values.Some folk keep criticising my position of keeping "jai bhim bolo, kahin bhichalo" at home, while going to office. I see the mixing of personal andprofessional as dangerous to dalits. Since this is illustrated in the sadevents related to the Tsunami, I am looking for opinions.I want dalits to rebel through excellence in their professions, rather thanthrough token "jai bhim" behaviors in work places. It is wastefuldistraction at best and at worst can lead to propagation of wrong valuesamond dalits and might even encourage majority reactions like the recent sadevents.Of course I am perfectly fine with ethnically located personal livesorganized around practices like saying "jai bhim" to each other.

No comments: